Adventure Weekend – in Squamish, BC, Canada
Join us for a 4 day Adventure Weekend in the Adventure Capital of Canada, Squamish BC.
Squamish, Canada is located in South, Western BC. It is the adventure capital of Canada, where nature fuels everything. Surrounded by countless mountain peaks, massive glaciers, granite rock monoliths, cascading rivers and waterfalls and endless trails, you’ll find your perfect adventure here.
We have hand picked our favourite places and activities and put them together into one incredible, action packed weekend!
A gondola ride up the famous Sea to Sky gondola, hiking on massive granite slopes to incredible views of the whole Howe Sound and Squamish Valley, free time exploring the eclectic downtown Squamish, kayaking or stand up paddling the Howe Sound, mountain biking (all levels available), hiking in the incredibly gorgeous, pristine, Garabaldi Provincial Park to Panorma ridge, rock climbing at the world class Ground Up climbing gym, a chance to meet and connect with other like minded people in an absolutely beautiful place and meet your Run Like a Girl girls!
- July 11-14th, 2018 (10 spots available)
- August 23-25th 2018 (10 spots available)
For anyone and everyone who is looking to get away for a weekend and spend time in a place charged by nature. To challenge yourself to try new things in one of the most beautiful places we have ever been. An intermediate fitness level will suit this group as we challenge ourselves, step outside our comfort zones, experience personal growth and try new things.
If you want to get your feet dirty, reconnect with yourself and make new friends. If you want to experience a truly unique and unforgettable experience in our back yard, in some of our favourite places in a way you won’t experience in any other way. This retreat is also open to men!
Please note, this trip is not recommended for beginners. We do require that you have some hiking experience and have the understanding of elevation gain. You don’t have to be fast but able to hike for a few hours to get the most out of this experience!
Click on each day to reveal the adventures you will have during the retreat.
- Sea to Sky Hiking and Rock Climbing:
- Our Adventure Weekend kicks off at 8:00am at the Squamish Sandman Hotel where we meet and greet our fellow weekend adventurers.
- We will then shuttle to the Sea to Sky Gondola, make a short walk to the base of Shannon Falls and then catch the first gondola up the mountain at 9:00am.
- Our hiking begins on the Al Habrich Ridge Trail. This is a very steep ascent in which we will traverse through varied terrains that include forested paths, rock slabs, ropes, mud, roots, etc. We have an elevation gain and loss of 918m/3012ft. Approximately a 3-4 hour hike.
- We’ll be stopping at some breathtaking viewpoints to take in the magnificence of this wild backcountry.
- Once we reach the summit, we will meet for a group photo and enjoy the views.
- Lunch will be back the Gondola Summit Lodge on the beautiful patio over looking the Howe Sound.
- We will be picked up from the base of the gondola and taken to Ground Up Climbing Gym for our next activity… rock climbing!
- Ground Up Climbing Gym is a new option in town for those who want to enjoy the thrills of climbing with ease, in a safe and relaxed environment. We will enjoy learning to climb, advancing our technical skills and knowledge of “how to climb”.
- You’ll have the opportunity to learn the basics of climbing and challenge yourself to new heights!
- Dinner will be at the Back Country Brew pub!
- Panorama Ridge Summit Hike:
- We have an early start today! We will be picking you up from the Sandman Hotel at 5:30am!
- Prepare to be marvelled by the absolute beauty of the natural scenery at Garibaldi Provincial Park! The goal today is to summit Panorama Ridge, the best location to view the park’s extraordinary scenery of glacier lakes, valleys and peaks.
- The 30 km/18.6 miles (out and back) route to Panorama Ridge includes inclines through dense forest trails, flat terrains through beautiful meadows and steep climbs on rocky mountainsides.
- 1900m/5000ft of elevation gain and loss. Approximatly a 9-12 hour day.
- Dinner is at the local famous MAGS 99, a Mexican Cantina! Just right for our appetites after a long day in the mountains!
- MULTI ADVENTURE DAY:
- We will be starting our day at 7:00am! We have a multi adventure day planned for you!
- We first head down to Nexam Beach to get suited up for a lesson on paddling in the Howe Sound.
- You can choose a Stand Up Paddle or a Kayak or why not both! You’ll have the opportunity to switch along the way so that you can have the full experience!
- During our paddle we venture along the coast and view local wildlife, the amazing blue water where the ocean meets the Squamish River and the mountains that create the valley. Seals are very playful and it is not uncommon to see them popping up to say hello.
- You will experience views of the Howe Sound, Mount Garabaldi, the Chief, the Tantalus Range and Shannon falls.
- No previous experience is required as you’ll be accompanied by our professional paddle guides at all times.
- We will pull out at Britannia Beach, a historic mining town and enjoy coffee at Galileo Coffee Cafe.
- We will then shuttle back to the Adventure Centre and get everyone sized up for mountain biking!
- You will have a chance to try a variety of terrain and if you are feeling confident we can advance our terrain easily, the trails in Squamish are amazing, with lots of skill level options.
- After our bike ride, we will reconvene at Alice Lake Provincial park for a swim and a BBQ picnic lunch. This is where we share hugs and laughter over the weekends challenges and adventures.
Please email any questions to Hailey@runlikeagirl.ca.
Register for this retreat!
This incredible experience is $1395.00 CAD which includes:
- An amazing and challenging experience in the number one adventure location in BC!!!
- All transportation in Squamish during the retreat
- 3 nights hotel Wednesday-Friday
- All of the scheduled activities
- All gear: climbing gear, bike rentals, stand up paddles and kayaks
- Climbing at the world renowned Ground Up climbing centre. Options for all levels.
- Local guides
- Run Like A Girl expertise and advice
- Lessons on all activities
- Garibaldi Provincial Park entrance fee
- A professional Adventure Photgrapher with a professional photo package included: James Frystak – www.jamesfrystak.com
- Sea To Sky Gondola Ride
- 1 Dinner and 1 Lunch (continental breakfasts at the hotel)
- PB&J Sandwiches for Sundays 30km Hike
- Picnic in the park at Alice Lake Provincial Park
- 3 full days of Adventure!
Questions, want to join us but need more info? Email: Hailey@runlikeagirl.ca
For questions related to gear and packing Email: Courtney@runlikeagirl.ca
Why should you come on this adventure?
- You do not need to be an experienced, advanced or fast runner but we require fitness experience. If you are a complete beginner we can help you train for this trip. Our hikes have a lot of elevation gain so you must have some experience mountain hiking.
- We have a Challenge by Choice Motto
- You don’t need any experience in mountain biking, climbing or kayaking. We set up a great learning environment to support you in trying something new.
- We will be with you at your athletic level
- We have certified guides for all scheduled activities
- We are belayed certified
- This is literally our back yard, we’ve hand picked these activities for you!
You will be staying at the Squamish Sandman Hotel.
Please note you must arrive on the Wednesday or early on the Thursday as our activities start at 9am on Thursday! We get a group rate at the Sandman for anyone wanting to extend their trips!
Enjoy a swimming pool, hot tub, continental breakfast and amazing mountain views.
– The town of Squamish had its beginning during the construction of the Pacific Great Eastern Railway in the 1910s. It was the first southern terminus of that railway (now a part of CN). The town remains important in the operations of the line and also the port.
– Squamish is nestled between Vancouver and Whistler along the Sea to Sky corridor, one of North America’s most scenic coastal routes. Its spectacular 360- degree views range from snow-capped mountains to glacial lakes to old-growth forests to the turquoise waters of the Howe Sound fjord that look almost too good to be true.
– Guarded by the Stawamus Chief and inhabited by North America’s highest concentration of wintering bald eagles, Squamish is an authentic West Coast mountain town with an award-winning craft brewery and distillery, farm to table dining experiences, sidewalk cafés, driftwood beaches, a rich First Nations culture and an expansive network of walking, hiking and mountain biking trails begging to share your adventure.
– Last year CNN Money named Squamish “Best Mountain Town for a Summer Getaway in North America”, and the New York times listed Squamish 32nd (in the world) in its article “52 Places to Go in 2015”.
– The 30 km/18.6 mile hike from the trailhead at Rubble Creek to Panorama Ridge takes you through beautiful and deep forests, across countless idyllic streams, through meadows filled with flowers, and past dozens of jaw dropping viewpoints. The amazing views start once you reach Taylor Meadows and get even more spectacular as the trail progresses. Once you arrive at Panorama Ridge and its phenomenal vantage point, high above Garibaldi Park, you will stare in wonder. Mesmerized first by Garibaldi Lake, far below you and looking unnaturally blue, the lake looks amazing surrounded by green, untouched wilderness and snow capped mountains.
- Your flight/transportation to Squamish
- Bringing your own additional snack foods (we will have Hammer Nutrition there too!)
- Spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Gear that you may need to buy to bring for the trip (a backpack, trail shoes etc)
- 3 meals (Friday: lunch/dinner, Sunday: Dinner)