Pumpkin Pie might be the best dish to capture the essence of fall and the festive of Thanksgiving. This recipe gives the great classic a healthy, gluten free twist!
1 ½ cups almond flour (or whole wheat)
½ cup chopped walnuts
¼ cup raw brown sugar
Pinch of salt
½ tsp ground cinnamon
3 tbsp unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
½ cup non fat sour cream
3 tbsp vegetable oil
3/4 pound silken (soft) tofu
1 16 ounce can pumpkin puree
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tbsp molasses
1) In food processor or a big bowl mix the flour, walnuts, sugar salt and cinnamon until mixture is like fine cracker crumbs. Add the butter and pulse until mixture is like oatmeal.
2) Add the sour cream and vegetable oil and pulse until just combined.
3) Scoop the dough onto a piece of plastic wrap and press into a disk. Wrap well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 3 days.
4) Preheat oven to 350* degrees
5) Cut the chilled dough in half and return half to the refrigerator. Roll out the other half between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and to an 11-inch round. Peel off the top piece of plastic wrap and invert the rolled dough over an 8-inch glass pie plate. Place the filling in the pie plate. Bake for 1 hour or until golden edges on crust.
Serve after your amazing turkey dinner with all your family and friends!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please like it below 🙂