A healthy, hearty dinner that’s quick and easy! I have a lot of food allergies so creating and putting my own spin on recipe ideas is something I have to do a lot of and these lettuce wraps are just the perfect option!
Veggie Lettuce Wraps
1 cup raw cashews
1 head of romaine lettuce
2 cups chopped peppers
2 cups chopped carrots
1.5 cups chopped cucumber
1 can black beans
1 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp hemp hearts
2 rice wraps
1. Preheat oven to 375* degrees
2. Chop up all of the veggies and wash lettuce.
3. Cut the rice wraps into very thin strips, place onto cooking sheet and put in to the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
4. In a large frying pan add carrots, cucumbers, peppers, black beans, chia seeds, hemp hearts, and peanut sauce. Mix together and simmer over medium to low heat. Cook just long enough to make the carrots slightly tender. Add as much of the peanut sauce as desired.
5. Take out the rice wrap strips and brake them in half into smaller pieces.
6. Scoop veggie mixture into lettuce leafs and sprinkle rice wrap krisps onto the top, Enjoy!
Recipe makes enough for about 3-4 lettuce wraps (depends on how full you make them)
– for non vegetarian option add in cooked chicken or tuna!