Join us for A trail half marathon
15 participants - 1 run together.
Kananaskis Country, also called K-Country by local Albertans, is a pristine place. Covering over 4,000 square kilometers of the eastern slopes of the Canadian Rockies, Kananaskis borders the town of Canmore and Banff National Park. Home to endless mountain summits, trails, lakes, waterfalls and wildlife. In nearby Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park, the Grassi Lakes Trail weaves past a waterfall to 2 turquoise blue lakes. The park also features cross-country ski and mountain-bike trails.
We have chosen a local Kanasaskis trail for us to complete our trail half marathon run on, Powderface Ridge. This trail offers beautiful views, a variety of terrain and about 1000m of elevation gain. The trail winds it's way up through a Spruce and Pine forest opening onto a beautiful mountain meadow that leads to Powder Face Ridge. This trail offers excellent views of Mount Glasgow, Mount Cornwall, Outlaw Peak and Banded Peak.
This Conquer The Mountain Trail Half Marathon route is going to be lightly flagged and lead by two RLAG team members. This run is NOT A RACE! But a personal experience supported by our team!
You set and achieve your goal! We want to remove any pressure or uncertainty that you might feel about increasing your distance or learning to run in the trails/mountains! Join our group and head out on a new trail and or set your sights on a new distance!
- September 12, 2021:
- This run has a limit of 15 people.
For anyone and everyone who is looking to challenge themselves, achieve a new running distance and be inspired and empowered by women! This is a female identifying event only.
You set and achieve your goal! We want to remove any pressure or uncertainty that you might feel about increasing your distance or learning to run in the trails/mountains! Join our group and head out on a new trail and or set your sights on a new distance! We recommend that you have some trail running experience and a base running of 16kms.
WHY SHOULD YOU COME ON THIS ADVENTURE?
- This has been designed by our experiences to be completely unique.
- We have redesigned our experiences to follow the health and safety guidelines set by our health authorities.
- We offer a very personalized experience from when you register through until the end of the program.
- This is for those who identify and female, we truly allow ourselves to express and feel self connection.
- We are a like minded community that encourages like minded explorer's.
- We have a Challenge by Choice Motto.
- We are there every step of the way providing knowledge and guidance leading up to the run.
- We will be with you at your athletic level.
- You do not need to be an advanced or fast runner but we require fitness experience.
- We have certified guides and coaches for your run!
- This is literally our back yard, we’ve hand picked this location for you!
Click on the day to reveal the itinerary.
Register for this event!
This incredible experience is CAD$40.00 which includes:
- An amazing and challenging experience in one of the best adventure locations in Alberta!!!
- A collectors Conquer The Mountain Patch
- Local certified guides and coaches
- Run Like A Girl Adventure's Inc. expertise, advice and guidance
- Women empowering women
A marked running route
Questions, want to join us but need more info? Email: email@example.com
EARN YOUR PATCH!
Your Adventure Coach & Guide
Interpretive Hiking/Snowshoe Guide, RLAG Trip Guide, RLAG Regional Leader, Personal/Pilates Trainer, Running Coach, Badass Mom, Multi-Sport Athlete, Ultra Runner, Adventure Enthusiast
SHARE THIS TRIP
- Run Like A Girl Adventures Inc. has partnered with Balanced Bodies By Keri in leading this adventure.