Register before January 1, 2023 for EARLY BIRD PRICING!
Registration for 2023 opens November 18, 2022
Be Fearless Trail Marathon, 21K & 11K
Proudly Sponsored By:
WHEN: Saturday June 3, 2023
WHERE: Squamish, BC or VIRTUAL!
Welcome to our 6th Annual Be Fearless Trail Race!
Returning this year with our full Trail Marathon Distance! This is the first Marathon in Squamish!
On June 4th, 2022 we are running to raise money for the Canadian Mental Health Association. $5.00 from every race registration will be donated to the CMHA STEPS Program.
The Steps Youth Program, located in North Vancouver, supports young people dealing with issues such as depression and anxiety by building wellness through social and recreational activities. Mental health affects all of us… all ages. Help us bring awareness to finding and supporting a healthy balanced life! Visit www.cmha.bc.ca/ for more information about Mental Health.
How it Works
This is a local and virtual race. If you live locally or would like to travel then you join us at our local race at Alice Lake Campground in Squamish, BC. If you do not live locally or cannot make it to the local event then you simply have the freedom to register for the Virtual Event and run your chosen distance when you are able to, wherever you live.
- We have three race distances options Marathon 42km, Half Marathon or 11k.
- All race distances are in the trails within the Alice Lake Provincial Park in Squamish, BC. June 3rd, 2023.
- The race fee includes your bib number, a donation of $5.00 to the CMHA steps program, a finishers medal, finish line food and drinks.
- There will be draw prizes from all of our sponsors! (see list at bottom of the page)
- We will have massage therapists on site offering after run massages by donation. The money raised from massages will also be donated to CMHA.
- Registration for the Virtual Runners closes April 8th, the reason for this registration closing at this time is to ensure that we can mail and get you your package before the race day.
- Registration for Local Racers closes May 31st or when we have reached the max number of 350 racers. Same day race registration is available by cash only.
- Early Bird pricing ends December 31, 2022.
We have three race distances options:
- click each distance for a detailed route map
- $120.00 until December 31, 2022
- $130.00 January 1-June 3, 2023
- 8:00am start time
- 8.5h time cutoff
- 1300m elevation gain and loss
- 6 aid stations fully stocked with snacks, medical, water
- All finishers receive a finishers medal
- The marathon course consists of challenging, fun climbs and descents, both technical and non technical trails, beautiful forests and river banks. Our marathon course is designed for those who are new to trail running, looking to run a trail marathon or looking to make that leap in distance before your first ultra!
Detailed map: Click Here
We are partnered with the students in the Massage Program at Langara College to bring you finish line massages!
- By donation: the donations are given back to the students and their program.
Call For Volunteers
Our events do not happen without the amazing time and help of Volunteers! We have lots of Volunteer positions and opportunities throughout the day! All of our volunteers will be receiving an RLAG Swag item, a discount to any of our races, lots of snacks and a big day of fun and giving back!
Coaching & Training
Want to train with a coach for either of the distances? Looking to reach a new goal?
Our certified coach, Jen Segger, can help you with a personalized training schedule perfect for you!
Find out more info on our coaching page:
The dates for our hosted training runs are listed below! Our training runs are a donation of $5.00 that will be made to SORCA (the awesome organization that takes care of all of our trails)
Join us in Squamish on:
Our runs will be loosely marked. We will be taking you on trails and sections of each of the races distances. Starting at the Alice Lake Campground in Squamish.
Run start times TBA. (8-9am)
They are a blast! If you would like to join us please make sure you fill out the registration form here:
Awards & Swag
- All racers will receive a finishers medal.
- RLAG swag will be for sale at the event.
- All racers are eligible for our draw prizes.
We highly encourage carpooling to our event. This year we have new parking restrictions limiting cars to have 3 or more racers in each vehicle to park in the Main Beach Parking lot at Alice Lake.
CLICK HERE for our carpool sign up spread sheet.
We will have RLAG Swag and Be Fearless Swag for purchase on race day.
Draw prizes sponsored by Kintec, Capra, Zen Natural Wellness, BeWildHer, Impact Magazine, Strait and Narrow Cocktails!
Our event emergency team service is provided by MedTech EMS.
Click here to view Squamish BC on Google Maps for directions!
SHARE THIS RACE