Our 2021 Race is a Virtual Event.
Due to our health regulations and protecting our small communities at this time we are unable to host an in person event.
Lets continue to support each other being fearless during this unprecedented time!
Be Fearless Virtual Trail Marathon, 21K & 11K
Proudly Sponsored By:
WHEN: Saturday June 5, 2021
WHERE: Squamish, BC or VIRTUAL!
Welcome to our 5th Annual Be Fearless Trail Race!
Returning this year with our full Trail Marathon Distance! This is the first Marathon in Squamish!
On June 5th, 2021 we are running to raise money for the Canadian Mental Health Association. $5.00 from every race registration will be donated to the CMHA STEPS Program.
The Steps Youth Program supports young people dealing with issues such as depression and anxiety by building wellness through social and recreational activities. Mental health affects all of us… all ages. Help us bring awareness to finding and supporting a healthy balanced life! Visit www.cmha.bc.ca/ for more information about Mental Health.
How it Works
This is a local and virtual race. If you live locally or would like to travel then you join us at our local race at Alice Lake Campground in Squamish, BC. If you do not live locally or cannot make it to the local event then you simply have the freedom to register for the Virtual Event and run your chosen distance when you are able to, wherever you live.
- We have three race distances options Marathon 42km, Half Marathon or 11k.
- All race distances are in the trails within the Alice Lake Provincial Park in Squamish, BC. June 5th, 2021.
- The race fee includes your bib number, a donation of $5.00 to the CMHA steps program, a finishers medal, finish line food and drinks and a chip timed finish.
- We will have massage therapists on site offering after run massages by donation. The money raised from massages will also be donated to CMHA.
- Registration for the Virtual Runners closes April 8th, the reason for this registration closing at this time is to ensure that we can mail and get you your package before the race day.
- Registration for Local Racers closes May 28th or when we have reached the max number of 350 racers.
We have three race distances options:
- Marathon (42km)
- Half Marathon (21k)
- 11 km
- 8:00am start time
- 8.5h time cutoff
- 1300m elevation gain and loss
- 6 aid stations fully stocked with snacks, medical, water
- All finishers receive a finishers medal
- The marathon course consists of challenging, fun climbs and descents, both technical and non technical trails, beautiful forests and river banks. Our marathon course is designed for those who are new to trail running, looking to run a trail marathon or looking to make that leap in distance before your first ultra!
Map image used with permission from TrailMapps
Elevation Chart: Total elevation:
We are partnered with the students in the Massage Program at Langara College to bring you finish line massages! (by donation)
Call For Volunteers
Our events do not happen without the amazing time and help of Volunteers! We have lots of Volunteer positions and opportunities throughout the day! All of our volunteers will be receiving one of our event T-SHIRTS!
Coaching & Training
Want to train with a coach for either of the distances? Looking to reach a new goal?
Our certified coach, Jen Segger, can help you with a personalized training schedule perfect for you!
Find out more info on our coaching page:
The dates for our hosted training runs are listed below! Our training runs are a donation of $5.00 that will be made to SORCA (the awesome organization that takes care of all of our trails)
Join us in Squamish on:
Our runs will be loosely marked. We will be taking you on trails and sections of each of the races distances. Starting at the Alice Lake Campground in Squamish.
Run start times TBA. (8-9am)
They are a blast! If you would like to join us please make sure you fill out the registration form here:
Awards & Swag
- All racers will receive a finishers medal.
- Awards for 1st, 2nd & 3rd Female and Male for each distance
- RLAG swag will be for sale at the event.
We have some amazing new limited edition Be Fearless SWAG available for our 2021 race! Tech T-Shirts for the Men and Tech Tanks for the Ladies!
We have been encouraging cupless events for years to help reduce our waste and now we finally have a solution! Extremely light weight, foldable, silicone reusable cups! They also have a built in loop to strap to… anything! Join us in reusing and reducing!
All of these items can be purchased during registration and they are a pre sale item which means you will receive them with your race package. Lets gear up to BE FEARLESS!
Click here to view Squamish BC on Google Maps for directions!
Our event timing is provided by:
Our event is sponsored by:
SHARE THIS RACE