Register before January 25, 2023 for EARLY BIRD PRICING!
Registration for 2023 opens November 30, 2022
Be Fearless Trail Marathon, 21K & 11K
Proudly Sponsored By:
WHEN: Saturday June 3, 2023
WHERE: Squamish, BC or VIRTUAL!
Welcome to our 7th Annual Be Fearless Trail Race!
Community, support and celebration this is what our events are all about. We believe that we can change peoples lives with those three elements. Join our races and new this year sign up for all three of our races as a series. Help us support local organizations that are doing amazing things for others!
On June 3rd, 2023 we are running to raise money for the Canadian Mental Health Association. $5.00 from every race registration will be donated to the CMHA STEPS Program.
The Steps Youth Program, located in North Vancouver, supports young people dealing with issues such as depression and anxiety by building wellness through social and recreational activities. Mental health affects all of us… all ages. Help us bring awareness to finding and supporting a healthy balanced life! Visit https://northwestvancouver.
2022 total funds raised for the STEPS Program: CAD$2888.76
How it Works
This is a local and virtual race. If you live locally or would like to travel then you join us at our local race at Alice Lake Campground in Squamish, BC. If you do not live locally or cannot make it to the local event then you simply have the freedom to register for the Virtual Event and run your chosen distance when you are able to, wherever you live.
- We have three race distances options Marathon 42km, Half Marathon or 11k.
- All race distances start and finish at the Alice Lake Provincial Park in Squamish, BC. June 3rd, 2023.
- The race fee includes your bib number, a donation of $5.00 to the CMHA STEPS Program, a finishers medal, finish line food and drinks.
- There will be draw prizes from of our sponsors! (see list at bottom of the page)
- We will have massage therapists on site offering after run massages by donation. The money raised from massages will also be donated back to the massage students.
- Registration for the Virtual Runners closes April 8th, the reason for this registration closing at this time is to ensure that we can mail and get you your package before the race day.
- Registration for Local Racers closes May 31st or when we have reached the max number of 350 racers. Same day race registration is available by cash only.
- Early Bird pricing ends January 25, 2022.
Join our race series
- New for 2023! Sign up for all three of our RLAG Races as a series and save 10% on your registration. Complete all three races and collect our series finishers medals!
- Series registration closes May 31, 2023.
- Early bird registration prices for Be Fearless close January 25, 2023.
- Early bird registration prices for Gruesome Twosome and Live Love Run close March 25, 2023.
We have three Be Fearless race distances options:
- Click each distance for a detailed route map.
- $130.00 until January 25, 2022
- $140.00 January 26 - May 31, 2023
- 8:00am start time
- 1300m elevation gain and loss
- 6 aid stations fully stocked with snacks, medical, water
- All finishers receive a finishers medal
- The marathon course consists of challenging, fun climbs and descents, both technical and non technical trails, beautiful forests and river banks. Our marathon course is designed for those who are new to trail running, looking to run a trail marathon or looking to make that leap in distance before your first ultra!
Detailed map: Click Here
We are partnered with the students in the Massage Program at Langara College to bring you finish line massages!
- By donation: the donations are given back to the students and their program.
Call For Volunteers
Our events do not happen without the amazing time and help of Volunteers! We have lots of Volunteer positions and opportunities throughout the day! All of our volunteers will be receiving an RLAG Swag item, a discount to any of our races, lots of snacks and a big day of fun and giving back!
The dates for our hosted training runs are listed below!
Join us in Squamish on:
1. March 25 - 8km
2. April 22 - 15km
3. May 13 - 25km
ALL PACES WELCOME!
Our runs will be lead by multiple trail leaders. We will be seperating into smaller pace groups as we make our way through the route. We will be taking you on trails and sections of each of the Be Fearless races distances.
Starting at the Main Beach Parking Lot - Alice Lake Campground in Squamish.
- Run start times TBA. (8-9am)
Group Training Runs
Awards & Swag
- All racers will receive a finishers medal.
- RLAG swag will be for sale at the event.
- All racers are eligible for our draw prizes.
In order to have a successful event day for everyone and to comply with the parks parking requirements, all of the race participants are to have a minimum of 3 racers in each vehicle in order to park in the Main Beach or South Beach Parking lots at Alice Lake. For those vehicles with less than 3 racers, you will be directed by our parking marshals to park off site in the gravel lot at the end of Black Bear Rd.
- We will have RLAG Swag and Be Fearless Swag for purchase on race day.
- Draw prizes sponsored by Kintec, Capra, BeWildHer.
Our event emergency team service is provided by MedTech EMS.
We focus on being present, our journeys to get to the start line and we challenge everyone to release the pressure we put on ourselves to run timed. We encourage all paces and abilities to look around and take in the whole experience. Thank you for being apart of that.
Our events focus on your race journey and not your finish time. We celebrate all finish lines no matter the time, therefore do not have chip timing.
Click here to view Squamish BC on Google Maps for directions!
SHARE THIS RACE