Registration for 2024 opens November 17, 2023
Be Fearless Trail Marathon, 21K & 11K
Proudly Sponsored By:
WHEN: Saturday June 1, 2024
WHERE: Squamish, BC or VIRTUAL!
Welcome to our 8th Annual Be Fearless Trail Event!
Community, support and celebration this is what our events are all about. We believe that we can change peoples lives with those three elements. Join our races and new this year sign up for all three of our races as a series. Help us support local organizations that are doing amazing things for others!
On June 1st, 2024 we are running to raise money for the Canadian Mental Health Association. $5.00 from every race registration will be donated to the CMHA STEPS Program.
The Steps Youth Program, located in North Vancouver, supports young people dealing with issues such as depression and anxiety by building wellness through social and recreational activities. Mental health affects all of us… all ages. Help us bring awareness to finding and supporting a healthy balanced life! Visit https://northwestvancouver.
2022 total funds raised for the STEPS Program: CAD$2888.76
2023 total funds raised for the STEPS Program: CAD$2997.78
How it WORKS
Join our event series
- Sign up for all three of our RLAG Events as a series and save 10% on your registration. Complete all three events and collect all three finishers medals!
- Series registration closes May 31, 2024.
- Early bird registration prices for Be Fearless closes January 25, 2024.
- Early bird registration prices for Gruesome Twosome and Live Love Run close April 1, 2024.
This is a local and virtual event. If you live locally or would like to travel then you join us at our local event at Alice Lake Campground in Squamish, BC. If you do not live locally or cannot make it to the local event then you simply have the freedom to register for the Virtual Event and run your chosen distance when you are able to, wherever you live.
- We have three event distances options Marathon 42km, 21k, 11k & 1k.
- All event distances start and finish at the Alice Lake Provincial Park in Squamish, BC. June 1st, 2024.
- The event fee includes your bib number, a donation of $5.00 to the CMHA STEPS Program, a finishers medal, finish line food, shuttle service to and from Alice Lake (start/finish line) and our parking location drinks and lots of fun!
- There will be draw prizes from of our donors and sponsors! (see list at bottom of the page)
- We will have massage therapists on site offering after run massages by donation. The money raised from massages will also be donated back to the massage students.
- Registration for the Virtual Runners closes April 8th, the reason for this registration closing at this time is to ensure that we can mail and get you your package before the event day.
- Registration for Local Participants closes May 28th or when we have reached the max number of 350 participants. Same day event registration is available by cash only.
- Early Bird pricing ends January 25, 2024.
We have three Be Fearless event distances options:
- Click each distance for a detailed route map.
- $135.00 until January 25, 2024
- $145.00 January 26 - May 28, 2024
- $160.00 - June 1st - event day
- 8:00am start time
- 1300m elevation gain and loss
- 6 aid stations fully stocked with snacks, medical, water
- All finishers receive a finishers medal
- The marathon course consists of challenging, fun climbs and descents, both technical and non technical trails, beautiful forests and river banks. Our marathon course is designed for those who are new to trail running, looking to run a trail marathon or looking to make that leap in distance before your first ultra!
Detailed map: Click Here
We are partnered with the students in the Massage Program at Langara College to bring you finish line massages!
We need volunteers to make this amazing event happen!
If you are interested in volunteering, please click below to register as a volunteer.
We have positions such as:
- Course marshals
- Aid station crews
- First aid
- Event set up and take down
- Pre course sweep
- People sweep
Join us in Squamish on:
1. March 23 - 8km
2. April 20 - 15km
3. May 11 - 25km
ALL PACES WELCOME!
Our runs will be lead by multiple trail leaders. We will be seperating into smaller pace groups as we make our way through the route. We will be taking you on trails and sections of each of the Be Fearless races distances.
Starting at the Main Beach Parking Lot - Alice Lake Campground in Squamish.
- Run start times: 9:00am
Group Training Runs
Awards & Swag
- All finishers will receive a medal.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd place overall for each distance receive a special medal.
- RLAG swag will be for sale at the event.
- All participants are eligible for our draw prizes.
- Draw prizes from our event sponsors!
- Our event merchandise is available for pre order.
There are NO DOGS ALLOWED at this event! There are no exceptions. Event Permits are at risk if you or your family or anyone cheering you on brings their dog.
CARPOOLING/ EVENT PARKING
In order to have a successful event day for everyone and to comply with the parks parking requirements, all of the event participants will be required to take our shuttle service from DON ROSS MIDDLE SCHOOL in Squamish.
The event shuttle to and from the start/finish line is included in your registration fee. There is no participant parking at Alice Lake for our 2024 event. Please ready your participant emails for full shuttle details.
We focus on being present, our journeys to get to the start line and we challenge everyone to release the pressure we put on ourselves to run timed. We encourage all paces and abilities to look around and take in the whole experience. Thank you for being apart of that. Our events focus on your race journey and not your finish time. We celebrate all finish lines no matter the time, therefore do not have chip timing.
Click here to view Squamish BC on Google Maps for directions!
SHARE THIS RACE