Our Newest Race… The Gruesome Twosome!
Our 2021 Local Event is turning Virtual again!
Lets continue to support each other being fearless during this unprecedented time!
In Support Of:
WHEN: August 29, 2021 WHERE: Virtually (for 2021)
WELCOME TO THE 3rd ANNUAL GRUESOME TWOSOME 22K, 11K & 5K
We are back for 2021 with our partner inspired race! Join us in the beautiful trails of Aldergrove Regional Park in support of BabyGoRound. We know the importance of support, both while running and everyday life. We know the importance of being able to rely on each other and how to encourage each other. Running with a friend creates encouragement and support and we want everyone in our communities to have the opportunity to experience this.
BabyGoRound has a mission to help families in need in Greater Vancouver safely care for their babies and toddlers by providing them with essential gear.
BabyGoRound provides essential baby items including gear, diapers and clothing to families in need throughout the Lower Mainland. We work with a network of over 73 social service agencies, including the YWCA, domestic violence shelters, hospitals, youth and teen pregnancy programs and shelters to identify these families in need. These families then come to our store-like facility where they are able to shop for the items they need and take them home free of charge. Most often these include several costly items like a crib, stroller, front carrier, breast pump, change table or high chair as well as smaller things such as clothing, blankets, toys, and bath items.
How This Race Works
Gruesome Twosome has been created to encourage running with a partner, a friend, a side kick… of course you can run individually also! All finishers receive a special medal, a medal that is designed as a matching pair, but also stands on its own.
Note this is not a relay race, you will be running with your partner for the chosen distance.
$5.00 from every race registration is a donation to BabyGoRound!
If you live locally, (in the lower mainland of Greater Vancouver BC), then you can join us at our local event at Aldergrove Lake Regional Park on August 29th, 2021.
We have three race distances options: 22k, 11k & 5k. All racers receive a finisher’s medal! Running with strollers filled with kids/babes are welcomed as your race partners!
If you do not live locally or cannot make it to the local event, then you can register for the Virtual Event and run your chosen distance wherever you live! We have three race distances options: 22k, 11k & 5k. All racers receive a finisher’s medal! Running with strollers filled with kids/babes are welcomed as your race partners!
Your race package is mailed to you and will arrive before August 29th. This gives you the option to help us raise money and awareness, run where you live, (maybe create a group run with friends?!), and we can all run together around the world on the same day!
Your registration fee includes your bib number, a finishers medal, and a $5.00 donation to BabyGoRound.
Important: Registration for our Virtual Runners closes July 1, 2021 so that we have time to mail your package to you before race day.
Start and Finish Line:
Aldergrove Regional Park – 27240 8 Ave, Aldergrove, BC V4W 2P8
BLACKTAIL PICNIC SHELTER
This is a timed race!
There will be gifts for 1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place teams as well as 1st place 2nd place and 3rd top overall finishers for each distance.
Aldergrove Regional Park is a beautiful park with rolling meadows, mixed forests and wide dirt packed trails. In and out of the forests you will be surrounded by views of mountain ranges and Mount Baker. There are wetland areas which are a very important habitat for a variety of wildlife including frogs, salamanders, beavers and two endangered fish species.
The park trails are wide, hard packed dirt/gravel that flow in and out of forests and meadows. The 5ker’s will enjoy mainly flat trails moving in and out of forest and fields. The 11ker’s will be running a more rolling hill course around the entire park and the 22ker’s will be completing two laps of the 11k course.
- Race Start Time: 9:30am
- 1 aid station @ 2.5k – stocked with water, snacks and medical
- Finishers medals for all individual and partner racers
- The 5km route follows mainly flat wide packed trails with a few short hills.
- Strollers are welcome for this distance – note strollers are welcomed as your partner for this race at the cost of $5.00 – strollers must be running strollers and capable of gravel trails.
- $20.00 each
- $5.00 per stroller
Share This Race
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
We need volunteers to make this amazing event happen!
If you are interested in volunteering, please click below to register as a volunteer. All volunteers receive a event day T-Shirt!
Race Day morning, August 29, 2021 starting at 7:45am
– Our race finish line food is sponsored by Benji’s Backstage Cafe!
– Cliff BARs is one of our race nutrition sponsors and you will see bars at the aid stations!
– RLAG Swag will be for sale at the start/finish line.
– We will have draw prizes
– There are bathrooms located at the start/finish and also at the main aid station, but heck we are on the trails there is a bathroom everywhere.- Parking info: Please note there is parking at in the Park however we really like to encourage carpooling as much possible as this is also a public park where others will be enjoying the area.
– This local race has 250 racer spots
– If you need to change your distance for special circumstances please email firstname.lastname@example.org no later then June 29th. If you are moving down in distance there is no refund for price difference. If you are moving up in distance you will be required to pay the difference.
– Your race registration fee is non refundable as this is a fundraiser for BabyGoRound organization.
– We highly encourage you to throw out a HIGH FIVE, a WAY TO GO, GOOD JOB, or a PAT ON THE BACK to other runners!
– We also highly recommend that you give a high five and a thanks to all of our volunteers, this event wouldn’t be possible without them!
- We are all out there giving it our all and supporting each other!
– If you wish to listen to music while racing please only put in one ear or keep your music low, you need to be able to hear others around you for your and others safety
Aldergrove Regional Park is a popular destination for trail users including horseback riders. To ensure everyones safety please follow these guidelines:
- avoid bunching up into one large
- group pedestrians are to yield to horses
When a horse and rider approach:
- everyone should slow down to a walk and move to the opposite side of the trail from the horse
- speak calmly and quietly and say hello to the horse and rider to let them know you are there
- avoid sudden movements and loud noises
- do not run past the horse; yell, scream or talk loudly; or make sudden movements, please do not pet the horse.
– Dogs are allowed in the park on leash, this is strictly enforced. Dogs are not allowed to race or run with you on the trails during this event.
Event tank tops and mens t-shirts are available for purchase during online registration!
The finishers medals are going to be a surprise!
Proudly Sponsored by: