2023 Registration Opens November 30, 2022
WHEN: October 14th, 2023
WHERE: Fort Langley or Virtually!
Welcome to The 9th Annual Live Love Run 5k, 10k & 21k!
This event was created in support of two friends and community members who were fighting Breast Cancer. We lost both of the women who inspired this race in 2017, and as we move forward we remember their who they are and the strength they had. We have changed the name of our race to focus on living, loving and finding a cure! We are running to raise money for Abreast In A Boat, to help and support those around us who face this disease everyday. Proceeds from your race registration will be donated to The Abreast In A Boat Dragon Boat Team.
"We are a group of women from Vancouver, Canada and the surrounding metropolitan area, who have had a breast cancer diagnosis.
We are a living symbol of hope and a vivid demonstration that there is life after diagnosis.
Through the strenuous demands of dragon boat paddling we have learned that we can push the limits of our physical endurance and have fun doing it."
- Abreast In A Boat relies on the kindness and generosity of individual donors and corporate sponsors to help us to continue paddling.
Abreast In A Boat Society uses its donations to fund the dragon boat crews, and to provide proactive education, awareness, and expertise in the fight against breast cancer. Our members also participate in breast cancer research projects every year.
2022 total funds raised: CAD$620.00
How it Works
If you live locally, (in the lower mainland of Greater Vancouver BC or want to travel!), then you can join us at our local event in Fort Langley on October 14, 2023.
Our start and finish line will be at the Brae Island Regional Park. Our race routes will follow the Fort-to-Fort Trail.
We have three race distances options: 21k, 10k & 5k. All racers receive a finisher’s medal! Running with strollers filled with kids/babes are welcomed.
If you do not live locally or cannot make it to the local event, then you can register for the Virtual Event and run your chosen distance wherever you live!
Your race package will arrive before October 14. This gives you the option to help us raise money and awareness, run where you live, (maybe create a group run with friends?!), and we can all run together around the world on the same day!
Your registration fee includes your bib number, a finisher's medal, a donation to Abreast In A Boat and some goodies.
Important: Online Registration for our Virtual Runners closes August 20th so that we have time to mail your package to you before race day.
Local Event Info: This run is very special for us, as we started it seven years ago to support two very important and amazing women, Amy and Veronica. We continue hosting this event to honour their memories, raise money for breast cancer research and awareness, and to support those we love who are also fighting their own battles against cancer.
- This race is a urban trail race, which starts and finishes at Brae Island Regional Park in Langley, BC. October 14, 2023. The trails are non technical, very runnable, with some rolling hills and stunning greenery. We are running on the Fort-to-Fort trail along the Fraser River.
- The race fee includes your bib number, a finisher’s medal and a donation to Abreast In A Boat.
- Online Registration for Local Racers closes October 11, 2023 or when we have reached the max number of 150 racers.
JOIN OUR RACE SERIES
- New for 2023! Sign up for all three of our RLAG Races as a series and save 10% on your registration. Complete all three races and collect our series finishers medals!
- Series registration closes May 31, 2023.
- Early bird registration prices for Be Fearless close January 25, 2023.
- Early bird registration prices for Gruesome Twosome and Live Love Run close March 25, 2023.
Start and Finish:
Brae Island Regional Park, Langley, BC.
We have three race distances options:
- $35.00 until March 25, 2023
- $45.00 March 26 - October 11, 2023
- Race start time: 9:30am
- 1 aid station @ 2.5k – the turn around point/stocked with water, snacks and medical
- The 5km follows a wide, hard packed dirt/gravel trail that flows along side of the Fraser River. The 5ker’s will enjoy mainly flat trails moving in and out of forest and fields.
- Strollers are welcome!
Call For Volunteers
We need volunteers to make this amazing event happen!
- All racers receive a finishers medal
- Draw prizes from Kintec and other sponsors.
- We will have RLAG SWAG for sale! – cash or credit
- Dogs are allowed in the park, however there is a strictly enforced on-leash policy. Please respect this rule.
- We try to keep our events as green as possible, so please carry a water bottle or reusable cup with you to refill at the aid stations. Littering on course or in the park is not tolerated.
- Local Racers will receive a local racer info email within 2 weeks of the event date.
- Package pickup for local racers will take place on race morning at the start/finish line starting at 8:00am.
We have students joining us from the West Coast College of Massage Therapy to offer finish line massages by donation (cash or credit). Donations are for Abreast In A Boat.
More About Abreast In A Boat
Also available for purchase during registration:
SHARE THIS EVENT