Registration Is Open For Virtual Racers!
WHEN: October 3rd, 2021
WHERE: Derby Reach Park in Fort Langley, or VIRTUALLY!
Welcome to The 7th Annual Live Love Run 5k, 10k & 21k!
This event was created in support of two friends and community members who were fighting Breast Cancer. We lost both of the women who inspired this race in 2017, and as we move forward we remember their who they are and the strength they had. We have changed the name of our race to focus on living, loving and finding a cure! We are running to raise money for The Canadian Cancer Society, to help and support those around us who face this disease everyday. Proceeds from your race registration will be donated to The Canadian Cancer Society.
The Canadian Cancer Society is Canada’s leading community-driven breast cancer charity dedicated to:
- Funding relevant and innovative research
- Supporting and advocating for the breast cancer community and
- Providing credible, unbiased information to help empower those affected by breast cancer or at increased genetic risk of developing the disease
How it Works
You can join us at our local event at Derby Reach Park in Fort Langley on October 3rd.
We have three race distances options: 5k, 10k and 21k. All racers receive a finisher’s medal.
If you do not live locally or cannot make it to the local event, then you can register for the Virtual Event and run your chosen distance wherever you live!
Your race package will arrive before October 3rd. This gives you the option to help us raise money and awareness, run where you live, (maybe create a group run with friends?!), and we can all run together around the world on the same day!
Your registration fee includes your bib number, a finisher’s medal, a donation to The Canadian Cancer Society and some goodies.
Important: Registration for our Virtual Runners closes August 20th so that we have time to mail your package to you before race day.
Local Event Info: This run is very special for us, as we started it seven years ago to support two very important and amazing women, Amy and Veronica. We continue hosting this event to honour their memories, raise money for breast cancer research and awareness, and to support those we love who are also fighting their own battles against cancer.
- This race is a trail race, which takes place along the Fraser River on beautiful Fort-to-Fort Trail in Fort Langley, BC. October 3rd, 2021. The trails are non technical, very runnable, with some rolling hills and stunning greenery.
- The race fee includes your bib number, a finisher’s medal and a donation to The Canadian Cancer Society.
- We will have massage therapists on site offering after run massages by donation. The money raised from massages will also be donated to The Canadian Cancer Society.
- Registration for Local Racers closes October 2nd or when we have reached the max number of 150 racers
Start and Finish:
Derby Reach Campground Day Picnic Area.
21801 Allard Crescent, Fort Langley BC
The Fort to Fort Trail is a wide, hard packed dirt/gravel trail that flows along side of the Fraser River. The 5ker’s will enjoy mainly flat trails moving in and out of forest and fields. The 10ker’s will, in addition, be running the Houston Loop Trail, which is a beautiful loop with rolling hills in the Forested area. The 21km runners will also be running through Brae Island Regional Park.
We have three race distances options:
- Race start time: 9:30am
- 1 aid station @ 2.5k – the turn around point/stocked with water, snacks and medical
- The 5km follows a wide, hard packed dirt/gravel trail that flows along side of the Fraser River. The 5ker’s will enjoy mainly flat trails moving in and out of forest and fields.
- Strollers are welcome!
Call For Volunteers
We need volunteers to make this amazing event happen!
- All racers receive a finishers medal
- We will have massage therapists on site offering massages by donation
- We will have RLAG SWAG for sale! – cash or credit
- Dogs are allowed in the park, however there is a strictly enforced on-leash policy. Please respect this rule.
- We try to keep our events as green as possible, so please carry a water bottle or reusable cup with you to refill at the aid stations. Littering on course or in the park is not tolerated.
- Local Racers will receive a local racer info email within 2 weeks of the event date.
- Package pickup for local racers will take place on race morning at the start/finish line starting at 8:00am
Also available for purchase during registration:
This event is sponsored by:
SHARE THIS EVENT