2023 Registration Opens November 30, 2022
WHEN: October 14th, 2023
WHERE: Fort Langley or Virtually!
Welcome to The 11th Annual Live Love Run 1k, 5k, 10k & 21k!
This event was created in support of two friends and community members who were fighting Breast Cancer. We lost both of the women who inspired this event in 2017, and as we move forward we remember their who they are and the strength they had. We have changed the name of our race to focus on living, loving and finding a cure! We are running to raise money for Abreast In A Boat, to help and support those around us who face this disease everyday. Proceeds from your race registration will be donated to The Abreast In A Boat Dragon Boat Team.
"We are a group of women from Vancouver, Canada and the surrounding metropolitan area, who have had a breast cancer diagnosis.
We are a living symbol of hope and a vivid demonstration that there is life after diagnosis.
Through the strenuous demands of dragon boat paddling we have learned that we can push the limits of our physical endurance and have fun doing it."
- Abreast In A Boat relies on the kindness and generosity of individual donors and corporate sponsors to help us to continue paddling.
Abreast In A Boat Society uses its donations to fund the dragon boat crews, and to provide proactive education, awareness, and expertise in the fight against breast cancer. Our members also participate in breast cancer research projects every year.
2022 total funds raised: CAD$620.00
How it the event Works
JOIN OUR EVENT SERIES
If you live locally, (in the lower mainland of Greater Vancouver BC or want to travel!), then you can join us at our local event in Fort Langley on October 14, 2023.
Our start and finish line will be at the Brae Island Regional Park. Our race routes will follow the Fort-to-Fort Trail.
We have four event distances options: 21k, 10k, 5k & 1k. All participants receive a finisher’s medal! Running with strollers filled with kids/babes are welcomed!
If you do not live locally or cannot make it to the local event, then you can register for the Virtual Event and run your chosen distance wherever you live!
Your event package will arrive before October 14th. This gives you the option to help us raise money and awareness, run where you live, (maybe create a group run with friends?!), and we can all run together around the world on the same day!
Your registration fee includes your bib number, a finisher's medal, a donation to Abreast In A Boat and some goodies.
Important: Online Registration for our Virtual Runners closes August 20th so that we have time to mail your package to you before event day.
Local Event Info: This event is very special for us, as we started it seven years ago to support two very important and amazing women, Amy and Veronica. We continue hosting this event to honour their memories, raise money for breast cancer research and awareness, and to support those we love who are also fighting their own battles against cancer.
- This running event takes place on urban trails, which start and finishes at Brae Island Regional Park in Langley, BC. October 14, 2023. The trails are non technical, very runnable, with some rolling hills and stunning greenery. We are running on the Fort-to-Fort trail along the Fraser River.
- The event fee includes your bib number, a finisher’s medal, a donation to Abreast In A Boat, finish line food and lots of fun!
- Online Registration for Local Participants closes October 11, 2023 or when we have reached the max number of 150 participants.
- New for 2023! Sign up for all three of our RLAG Events as a series and save 10% on your registration. Complete all three events and collect our series finishers medals!
- Series registration closes May 31, 2023.
- Early bird registration prices for Be Fearless close January 25, 2023.
- Early bird registration prices for Gruesome Twosome and Live Love Run close March 25, 2023.
Start and Finish:
Brae Island Regional Park, Langley, BC.
We have four event distances options:
- $35.00 until March 25, 2023
- $45.00 March 26 - October 11, 2023
- $55.00 event day - October 14, 2023
- Event start time: 9:30am
- 1 aid station @ 2.5k – the turn around point/stocked with water, snacks and medical
- The 5km follows a wide, hard packed dirt/gravel trail that flows along side of the Fraser River. The 5ker’s will enjoy mainly flat trails moving in and out of forest and fields.
- Strollers are welcome!
Call For Volunteers
We need volunteers to make this amazing event happen!
All of our volunteers receive event swag, a discount code to attend future events, draw prizes and lots of fun!
We have opportunities with the following positions:
- Course marshals
- Aid station crews
- First aid
- Pre event runners
- Post event runners
- Event set up and take down
- All finishers receive an event medal.
- Draw prizes from Kintec and other sponsors.
- We will have RLAG SWAG for sale! – cash or credit
- Dogs are allowed in the park, however there is a strictly enforced on-leash policy. Please respect this rule.
- WE ARE A CUPLESS EVENT. We try to keep our events as green as possible, so please carry a water bottle or reusable cup with you to refill at the aid stations. Littering on course or in the park is not tolerated.
- Local participants will receive an info email within 2 weeks of the event date.
- Package pickup for local participants will take place on event morning at the start/finish line starting at 8:00am.
CHIP TIMING: We focus on being present, our journeys to get to the start line and we challenge everyone to release the pressure we put on ourselves to run timed. We encourage all paces and abilities to look around and take in the whole experience. Thank you for being apart of that. Our events focus on your race journey and not your finish time. We celebrate all finish lines no matter the time, therefore do not have chip timing.
We have students joining us from the West Coast College of Massage Therapy to offer finish line massages by donation (cash or credit). Donations are for Abreast In A Boat.
More About Abreast In A Boat
Also available for purchase during registration:
SHARE THIS EVENT