Canmore: Conquer Trail Running
Join us for a weekend of trail running, in Canmore AB.
Canmore is a town in Alberta’s Rocky Mountains, west of Calgary. It’s known for craggy summits like the Three Sisters and Ha Ling Peak. In nearby Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park, the Grassi Lakes Trail weaves past a waterfall to 2 turquoise blue lakes. The park also features cross-country ski and mountain-bike trails. East, Grotto Canyon’s steep limestone walls flank a narrow creek bed leading to a cave.
We have hand picked two of our favourite routes in Canmore, Ha Ling to Goat Creek Trail and Lady MacDonald. We have put them together in one weekend to create a safe place where those who identify as female, can explore and challenge themselves while trail running. We will be exploring beautiful trails while supporting and cheering for each other!
This Adventure includes three of the most amazing trails and two summits that Canmore has to offer. Our trip has been designed to challenge you in many different ways! We will be physically, emotionally and mentally challenged. We are trail running! We will be ascending and descending on technical mountain terrain, stopping to take in spectacular views on summits and enjoying a stretch and release session and welcoming a new day with a sunrise on a summit. We are going to be talking all things trail running, training, gear, mountain safety and adventure planning tools. Celebrating and supporting each other as we make it through this weekends adventure!
- June 4 & 5, 2022: 14/14 spots remaining
- This trip runs on a minimum of 6 participants
For our trail running community! An intermediate fitness level will suit this group as we challenge ourselves running through mountains and claiming summits. This is a female identifying only trip.
Please note, we do require that you have trail running experience and have the understanding of elevation gain. You don't have to be the fastest runner but must be able to complete distances of 30km trail runs.
If you have some trail running experience and would like to prep for this adventure we offer training programs leading up to it!
WHY SHOULD YOU COME ON THIS ADVENTURE?
- Our trip is 100% completely unique and designed from our experience.
- Our mission is to create opportunities through adventure to challenge people and help them achieve personal growth.
- We believe that travel is a personal experience that impacts ourselves as well as those who live in the places we travel to.
- This experience is only available through Run Like a Girl Adventures Inc.
- We offer a very personalized experience from when you register through until the end of the trip.
- We guarantee the best local Guides!
- We are a like minded community which encourages like minded traveler’s.
- We have a Challenge by Choice Motto.
- We are there every step of the way providing knowledge and guidance leading up to the trip.
- RLAG leaders(s) will be with you the entire trip.
- We host small groups and value empowerment, celebration and support within our adventures.
- We will be with you at your athletic level.
- We welcome, support and celebrate everyone and all pronouns!
- It will change your life!
Click on each day to reveal the adventures you will have during the trip.
Arrival and Check In - June 3, 2022
- Today we recommend arriving in Canmore!
- You will need to check into your hotel room accommodations at the Canmore Inn & Suites.
- Check in time starts at 3:00pm
- Have a restful evening for our first big day of trail running.
Accommodation: Not included, recommended - Canmore Inn & Suites
Meals Included: None
Register for this adventure!
This incredible experience is CAD$450.00 which includes:
- An amazing and challenging experience in one of the best adventure locations in Alberta!!!
- 1 Breakfast, snacks & wine
- All of the scheduled activities
- A Take home RLAG gift
- Wine & Release private group session
- Local certified guides
- Run Like A Girl Adventure's Inc. expertise, advice and guidance
- Females empowering females
- Lessons during all activities
- Pre Adventure group information session on topics: gear selection, trail safety and adventure planning tools.
- Optional additional cost: training program.
Questions, want to join us but need more info? Email: email@example.com
SHARE THIS TRIP
YOUR ADVENTURE GUIDE
Interpretive Hiking/Snowshoe Guide, RLAG Trip Guide, RLAG Regional Leader, Personal/Pilates Trainer, Running Coach, Badass Mom, Multi-Sport Athlete, Ultra Runner, Adventure Enthusiast
Run Like A Girl Adventures Inc. has partnered with Wild Women Adventures in leading this adventure.