The ultimate alaska hiking adventure
Join us for an 8 day, women’s only, Adventure Week in the amazing Anchorage Alaska.
South Central Alaska, Anchorage to Denali State Park! Anchorage is Alaska’s largest city, located in the south-central part of the state on the Cook Inlet. Towering mountains, sparkling glaciers and amazing wildlife: South Central Alaska has it all.
We have hand picked and explored all the trails to put them all together and create a safe place where women can explore and challenge themselves. We will be exploring beautiful places while learning and talking about about the local culture and geological differences that Alaska provides in its terrain, we will face some fears and develop courage and strength along the way.
This Bea-u-tiful Adventure includes all of the amazing places and activities Alaska has to offer. Our trip has been designed to challenge you in many different ways! We will be physically, emotionally and mentally challenged. We are tackling hiking and there is also an option for running if you are feeling like you want to take on that challenge. We have guides to stay back with those that would like to take a slower approach and a shorter distance as well as running guides who can take more advanced and experienced runners on a longer day trip. Runners and hikers will have an opportunity each night to decide how their body and mind would like to participate the following day. Due to the weather and technicality of our destinations, we ask that for the safety of the group each person carefully examines their fitness level and decides appropriately what will allow them to have a special trip. The guides have organized routes that have extremely beautiful views and challenge, whether you stop and turn around or complete the longer distance, each group will feel fulfilled with their decision.
- August 8-15, 2020: 8 spots remaining
For anyone and everyone who is looking to explore, challenge themselves, renew passions and spend time in a place charged by nature. To challenge yourself to try new things in one of the most beautiful places we have ever been, our backyard. An intermediate fitness level will suit this group as we challenge ourselves, step outside our comfort zones and experience personal growth.
If you want to get your feet dirty, reconnect with yourself and meet new people. This experience is truly unique, an unforgettable experience. This is a women’s only trip.
Please note: we do require that you have some hiking experience and have the understanding of elevation gain. You don’t have to be fast however we ask that our applicants carefully consider their experience with hiking and running in technical terrain. We often will not be on an actual trail system and will be traveling the backcountry of Alaska, it is very important to consider your athletic ability when applying for this trip, Alaska is very remote and we have very steep and rugged trails that are very far away from any type of large population of people. We have carefully trained guides in Wilderness First Aid and Bear Safety, however each night bear safety and preparation will be discussed and practiced with diligence. We take the safety of our clients very seriously as we know how remote Alaska is, at no time will any guest be traveling alone and separated from the group, please understand that due to safety no guest will be able to run ahead of the group.
WHY SHOULD YOU COME ON THIS ADVENTURE?
- This trip is like no other… it has been designed by our experiences to be completely unique.
- We offer a very personalized experience from when you register through until the end of the retreat.
- This is women’s only, we truly allow ourselves to express and feel self connection.
- We are a like minded community that encourages like minded traveler’s.
- We have a Challenge by Choice Motto.
- We are there every step of the way providing knowledge and guidance leading up to the trip.
- We will be with you at your athletic level.
- All of the supplies during the weekend is provided.
- We have meal options for all types including vegan and vegetarian.
- You do not need to be an advanced or fast runner but we require fitness experience and an understanding of how you navigate some semi technical terrain.
- Our hikes have a lot of elevation gain so you must have experience hiking.
- This will be discussed during your introduction phone call after you fill out the application form.
Click on each day to reveal the adventures you will have during the trip.
Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for this adventure!
This incredible experience is USD$3985.00 which includes:
- An amazing and challenging experience
- All transportation in Anchorage during the trip
- Accommodations for 7 nights
- All of the scheduled hikes
- Local Professional Guides
- Run Like A Girl Adventure’s Inc. expertise, advice and guidance
- Airport transfers on dates of tour pickup and drop off
- 7 days of adventure
- Meals included for 7 nights and 6 days hiking
- 20 minute massages after long hike days (2)
- An incredible adventure through Alaskan Wilderness
Questions, want to join us but need more info? Email: Courtney@runlikeagirl.ca
SHARE THIS TRIP
Run Like A Girl Adventures Inc. has partnered with Aktive Adventures Multiday Mountain Running Tours in leading this adventure.