Canmore, AB - Beginner Hiking Weekend
Join us for a beginners hiking adventure in Canmore, AB.
In the heart of Canmore! Canmore is a town in Alberta’s Rocky Mountains, west of Calgary. It’s known for craggy summits like the Three Sisters and Ha Ling Peak. Located one-hour West of Calgary and only 5 minutes from the Banff National Park, Canmore lies nestled along the banks of the Bow River in the heart of the Rocky Mountains.
While we are tackling two days of hiking, you are going to experience some of the most incredible views, forests and nature that Canmore has to offer! We come together to conquer this hiking challenge in a supportive, safe and celebratory environment.
We are hand picking two of our favourite routes in Canmore. The trails we will set out to hike will be announced closer to our adventure day as we assess the snow levels. You can expect easy-moderate hiking levels. The trails will have some ascending and descending, technical sections and views to enjoy! We have put together this beginner hiking weekend to create a safe place where female identifying people can explore, challenge themselves and celebrate each other! We will be exploring beautiful trails while supporting and cheering for each other!
This beginner hiking adventure includes two days of hiking in Canmore. Our hike is going to be about 8-10kms on the first day and a sunrise hike around 5-7km on the second day. Our adventure has been designed to challenge you and at the same time guide, teach and educate you about hiking and the mountains. We will be physically, emotionally and mentally challenged, as we make our way through our hikes together. We will be ascending and descending on technical mountain terrain, stopping to take in spectacular views, enjoying a stretch and release session and welcoming a new day with a sunrise on a summit. We are going to be talking all things hiking, gear, mountain safety and adventure planning tools. Celebrating and supporting each other as we make it through this weekends adventure!
- May 14 & 15, 2022: 14/14 spots remaining
- This trip runs on a minimum of 6 participants
For our hiking community! An basic fitness level will suit this group as we take a beginner approach and pace while challenging ourselves. This is a female identifying only trip.
Please note, we do require that you a little bit of fitness and or hiking experience and have the understanding of elevation gain. You don't have to be the fast but must be able to move consistently on your feet for 4-5hours while carrying a backpack.
If you have some fitness and hiking experience and would like to train for this adventure we offer additional training programs leading up to it!
WHY SHOULD YOU COME ON THIS ADVENTURE?
- Our trip is 100% completely unique and designed from our experience.
- Our mission is to create opportunities through adventure to challenge people and help them achieve personal growth.
- We believe that travel is a personal experience that impacts ourselves as well as those who live in the places we travel to.
- This experience is only available through Run Like a Girl Adventures Inc.
- We offer a very personalized experience from when you register through until the end of the trip.
- We guarantee the best local Guides!
- We are a like minded community which encourages like minded traveler’s.
- We have a Challenge by Choice Motto.
- We are there every step of the way providing knowledge and guidance leading up to the trip.
- RLAG leaders(s) will be with you the entire trip.
- We host small groups and value empowerment, celebration and support within our adventures.
- We will be with you at your athletic level.
- We welcome, support and celebrate everyone and all pronouns!
- It will change your life!
Click on each day to reveal the adventures you will have during the trip.
May 13, 2022
Arrival and Check In
- Today we recommend arriving in Canmore!
- You will need to check into your hotel room accommodations - not included in trip cost but we recommend staying at the Canmore Inn & Suites.
- Check in time starts at 3:00pm
- Have a restful evening for our first big day of hiking.
Accommodation: Not included, recommended - Canmore Inn & Suites.
Meals Included: None
Register for this adventure!
This incredible experience is CAD$425.00 which includes:
- An amazing and challenging experience in one of the best adventure locations in Alberta!!!
- 1 Breakfasts, 1 lunch & wine
- All of the scheduled activities
- A Take home RLAG gift
- Adventure planning handbook
- Wine & Release private group session
- Local certified guides
- Run Like A Girl Adventure's Inc. expertise, advice and guidance
- Females empowering females
- Lessons during all activities
- Pre Adventure group information session on topics: gear selection, trail safety and adventure planning tools.
- Optional additional cost: training program.
Questions, want to join us but need more info? Email: email@example.com
SHARE THIS TRIP
YOUR ADVENTURE GUIDE
Interpretive Hiking/Snowshoe Guide, RLAG Trip Guide, RLAG Regional Leader, Personal/Pilates Trainer, Running Coach, Badass Mom, Multi-Sport Athlete, Ultra Runner, Adventure Enthusiast
- Run Like A Girl Adventures Inc. has partnered with Balanced Bodies by Keri in leading this adventure.