A winter wonderland experience in Canmore
Join us for 2.5 days on a magical adventure weekend as we charge into 2023!
We are taking charge of 2023! LOOK OUT WORLD! Join us for an empowering she/her weekend in the spectacular Canmore, Alberta full of snowshoeing, laughter, support and adventure! Your adventure weekend is based in the beautiful town of Canmore which offers breathtaking mountain sights and adventure all year round.
Canmore is a town in Alberta’s Rocky Mountains, west of Calgary. It’s known for craggy summits like the Three Sisters and Ha Ling Peak. In nearby Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park, the Grassi Lakes Trail weaves past a waterfall to 2 turquoise blue lakes. The park also features cross-country ski and mountain-bike trails. East, Grotto Canyon’s steep limestone walls flank a narrow creek bed leading to a cave.
Two days, two different snowshoeing locations, one group of empowering supportive women! This amazing weekend includes our new Be Aware Program. Our Friday night includes a full session of our Be Aware Program which covers in depth the following; Situation Awareness, Planning for an adventure, run, travel or road trip. Backcountry adventures, group adventures and self protection. As a group we will finish our evening engaging in what we have learnt with a group scenario activity. Our new Be Aware program was created to empower and create courage in those looking to adventure in anyway. Learn the where to start skills and more!
Our weekend explorations are in the Canmore area and the exact trails we will snowshoe are confirmed closer to our adventure date. (depending on weather and conditions.) Saturday includes a 10km snowshoe in the morning (approx 4-5h) followed by a group stretch & release session and group dinner. Sunday we head out early for a snowshoe sunrise with Champagne and or orange juice.
We will be exploring these beautiful places while learning and talking about Women of the Rockies: learn how women in history impacted our Rocky Mountains. Our trip has been designed to accommodate different fitness levels however we to require that you have some hiking experience! We need to plan for a 4-5 hour snowshoe.
- February 3-5, 2022: 15/15 spots remaining
- This trip runs on a minimum of 6 participants
For anyone and everyone who is looking to explore, challenge themselves, renew passions and spend time in a place charged by nature. An intermediate fitness level will suit this group as we challenge ourselves, step outside our comfort zones, experience personal growth and try new things.
If you want to get your feet dirty, reconnect with yourself and meet new people. This experience is truly unique, an unforgettable experience. This is a she/her only trip.
Please note, we do require that you have some hiking experience and have the understanding of elevation gain. You don't have to be fast or a runner but able to hike for a few hours to get the most out of this experience!
WHY SHOULD YOU COME ON THIS Experience?
- This trip is like no other... it has been designed by our experiences to be completely unique.
- We offer a very personalized experience from when you register through until the end of the adventure.
- This a she/her only experience , we truly allow ourselves to express and feel self connection.
- We are a like minded community that encourages like minded traveler's.
- We have a Challenge by Choice Motto.
- We are there every step of the way providing knowledge and guidance leading up to the trip.
- We will be with you at your athletic level.
- We have meal options for all types including vegan and vegetarian.
- You do not need to be an experienced, advanced or fast runner but we require fitness experience. If you are a complete beginner we can help you train for this trip. Our hikes have a lot of elevation gain so you must have some experience hiking.
- We have certified guides for all scheduled activities.
- This is literally our back yard, we’ve hand picked these activities for you!
- We prepare you for mountain safety, gear selection, situational awareness and adventure planning tools.
- We are certified by the Outdoor Council of Canada.
Click on each day to reveal the adventures you will have during the trip.
Arrival and Be Aware Program
- Today you will arrive in Canmore, AB!
- 6:30pm we meet at the Rock Cycle Studio for our Be Aware Program session.
- We will be learning, through our new program, about situational awareness, planning for an adventure (of all kinds), backcountry adventures, group adventures, self protection and finishing with working through different scenarios as a group.
Please note that accommodations are not included in this weekend.
- There are many wonderful places to stay in Canmore. Most activities and shops are in walking distance within Canmore. Our snowshoe treks may require driving to the start of the trail head.
Register for this experience!
This incredible experience is CAD$565.00 which includes:
- An amazing and challenging experience in one of the best adventure locations in Alberta!!!
- RLAG's BE AWARE Program - full group session
- 1 Breakfast, 1 lunch, snacks and champagne
- A take home RLAG gift
- A MomBabes Book
- Private Group Stretch & Release Class
- 2 Local certified guides
- Run Like A Girl Adventure's Inc. expertise, advice and guidance
- Women empowering women
- Lessons during all activities
- 2 days of Adventure!
- Pre experience group zoom session discussing gear selection, winter safety, adventure planning tools.
Questions, want to join us but need more info? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SHARE THIS TRIP
- Run Like A Girl Adventures Inc. has partnered with Balanced Bodies By Keri in creating and leading this adventure.