Canmore, AB - INTRO TO TRAIL RUNNING
Join us for an intro to trail running weekend!
In the heart of Canmore! Canmore is a town in Alberta’s Rocky Mountains, west of Calgary. It’s known for craggy summits like the Three Sisters and Ha Ling Peak. Located one-hour West of Calgary and only 5 minutes from the Banff National Park, Canmore lies nestled along the banks of the Bow River in the heart of the Rocky Mountains.
While we are tackling two days of trails, you are going to experience some of the most incredible views, forests and nature that Canmore and Banff have to offer! We come together to endure this trail running challenge in a supportive, safe and celebratory environment.
We are hand picking two of our favourite routes in Canmore and Banff. You can expect easy-moderate trail levels. The trails will have some ascending and descending, technical sections and views to enjoy! We have put together this intro to trail running weekend to create a safe place where female identifying people can explore, challenge themselves and celebrate each other! We will be exploring beautiful trails while supporting and cheering for each other!
This intro to trail running adventure includes two days of running in Canmore and Banff. Our first run is going to be about 7kms on the first day and a sunrise run/hike around 5km on the second day. Our adventure has been designed to challenge you and at the same time guide, teach and educate you about trail running and the mountains. We will be physically, emotionally and mentally challenged, as we make our way through our runs together. We will be ascending and descending on technical mountain terrain, stopping to take in spectacular views, enjoying a private spin class, injury prevention talk, nutrition sports talk, a pilates for runners session and welcoming a new day with a sunrise on a summit. We are going to be talking all things running, gear, mountain safety and adventure planning tools before we go. Celebrating and supporting each other as we make it through this weekends adventure!
- June 4 & 5, 2022: 14/14 spots remaining
- This trip runs on a minimum of 6 participants
- Registration closes May 15, 2022
For our running community! An basic fitness level will suit this group as we take a beginner approach and pace while challenging ourselves. This is a female identifying only trip.
Please note, we do require that you a little bit of fitness and or hiking experience and have the understanding of elevation gain. You don't have to be the fast but must be able to move consistently on your feet for 3-4hours while carrying a backpack.
If you have some fitness and running experience and would like to train for this adventure we offer additional training programs leading up to it!
WHY SHOULD YOU COME ON THIS ADVENTURE?
- Our trip is 100% completely unique and designed from our experience.
- Our mission is to create opportunities through adventure to challenge people and help them achieve personal growth.
- We believe that travel is a personal experience that impacts ourselves as well as those who live in the places we travel to.
- This experience is only available through Run Like a Girl Adventures Inc.
- We offer a very personalized experience from when you register through until the end of the trip.
- We guarantee the best local Guides!
- We are a like minded community which encourages like minded traveler’s.
- We have a Challenge by Choice Motto.
- We are there every step of the way providing knowledge and guidance leading up to the trip.
- RLAG leaders(s) will be with you the entire trip.
- We host small groups and value empowerment, celebration and support within our adventures.
- We will be with you at your athletic level.
- We welcome, support and celebrate everyone and all pronouns!
- It will change your life!
Click on each day to reveal the adventures you will have during the trip.
June 3, 2022
Arrival and Check In
- Today we recommend arriving in Canmore!
- You will need to check into your hotel room accommodations - not included in trip cost but we recommend staying at the Canmore Inn & Suites.
- Check in time starts at 3:00pm
- Have a restful evening for our first big day of hiking.
Accommodation: Not included, recommended - Canmore Inn & Suites.
Meals Included: None
Register for this adventure!
This incredible experience is CAD$450.00 which includes:
- An amazing and challenging experience in one of the best adventure locations in Alberta!!!
- 1 Breakfasts, 1 lunch, snacks & champagne
- All of the scheduled activities
- A Take home RLAG gift
- Adventure planning handbook
- Sports Nutrition & Injury Prevention private group session
- A private group spin class
- A private group Pilates For Runners class
- Local certified guides
- Run Like A Girl Adventure's Inc. expertise, advice and guidance
- Females empowering females
- Lessons during all activities
- Pre Adventure group information zoom session on topics: gear selection, trail safety and adventure planning tools.
- Optional additional cost: training program.
Questions, want to join us but need more info? Email: email@example.com
SHARE THIS TRIP
YOUR ADVENTURE GUIDE
Interpretive Hiking/Snowshoe Guide, RLAG Trip Guide, RLAG Regional Leader, Personal/Pilates Trainer, Running Coach, Badass Mom, Multi-Sport Athlete, Ultra Runner, Adventure Enthusiast
- Run Like A Girl Adventures Inc. has partnered with Balanced Bodies by Keri in leading this adventure.