Kananaskis 2 Days, Empower Women to Summits
Join us for 2 days on a women's only, hiking adventure in Kananaskis AB.
Kananaskis Country, also called K-Country by local Albertans, is a pristine place. Covering over 4,000 square kilometers of the eastern slopes of the Canadian Rockies, Kananaskis borders the town of Canmore and Banff National Park. Home to endless mountain summits, trails, lakes, waterfalls and wildlife. In nearby Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park, the Grassi Lakes Trail weaves past a waterfall to 2 turquoise blue lakes. The park also features cross-country ski and mountain-bike trails.
We have hand picked two hikes, put them all together and created a safe place where women can explore and challenge themselves while conquering some new trails. We will be exploring beautiful places while learning and talking about about body confidence, courage and fear and how to love who we are!
This two day adventure includes one amazing sunrise mountain summit, one of the most spectacular peaks that the area has to offer and a second hike that is going to give you panoramic views of the valley. Our trip has been designed to challenge you in many different ways! We will be physically, emotionally and mentally challenged. We are going to be talking about body confidence, courage, fear and how we can love who we are over a girls dinner! Empowering each other to tackle these activities and to HAVE FUN!
- October 17-18, 2020: 8 spots remain
- These trips run on a minimum of 6 participants
For anyone and everyone who is looking to explore, challenge themselves, renew passions and spend time in a place charged by nature. An intermediate fitness level will suit this group as we challenge ourselves, step outside our comfort zones, experience personal growth and try new things.
If you want to get your feet dirty, reconnect with yourself and meet new people. This experience is truly unique, an unforgettable experience. This is a women's only trip.
Please note, we do require that you have some hiking experience and have the understanding of elevation gain. You don't have to be fast but able to hike for a few hours to get the most out of this experience!
WHY SHOULD YOU COME ON THIS ADVENTURE?
- This trip is like no other... it has been designed by our experiences to be completely unique.
- We have redesigned our experiences to follow the health and safety guidelines set by our health authorities.
- We offer a very personalized experience from when you register through until the end of the retreat.
- This is women's only, we truly allow ourselves to express and feel self connection.
- We are a like minded community that encourages like minded traveler's.
- We have a Challenge by Choice Motto.
- We are there every step of the way providing knowledge and guidance leading up to the trip.
- We will be with you at your athletic level.
- We have meal options for all types including vegan and vegetarian.
- You do not need to be an experienced, advanced or fast runner but we require fitness experience. If you are a complete beginner we can help you train for this trip. Our hikes have a lot of elevation gain so you must have some experience hiking.
- We have certified guides for all scheduled activities.
- This is literally our back yard, we’ve hand picked these activities for you!
Click on each day to reveal the adventures you will have during the trip.
Arrival to Chosen Accommodation
- Today you have the option to arrive in in Kananaskis/Canmore!
- Please note that no accommodations are included in this weekend.
- We are recommending hotel accommodations this late in the season.
Accommodation: Your choice of hotel accommodation in Canmore that suits you best! We recommend staying in Canmore as it is located in between our hikes and Banff.
Meals Included: None
Register for this adventure!
This incredible experience is CAD$280.00 which includes:
- An amazing and challenging experience in one of the best adventure locations in Alberta!!!
- 1 Breakfast, 1 lunches, some snacks and champagne
- A take home gift
- Local certified guides
- Run Like A Girl Adventure's Inc. expertise, advice and guidance
- Women empowering women
- Lessons during all activities
- 2 days of Adventure!
Questions, want to join us but need more info? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Adventure Guide
Interpretive Hiking/Snowshoe Guide, RLAG Trip Guide, RLAG Regional Leader, Personal/Pilates Trainer, Running Coach, Badass Mom, Multi-Sport Athlete, Ultra Runner, Adventure Enthusiast
SHARE THIS TRIP
Run Like A Girl Adventures Inc. has partnered with Wild Women Adventures in leading this adventure.