Learn to SUP & Body Empowerment Adventure
Join us in Squamish BC for a harbour tour, learn to SUP and a body empowerment workshop!
Squamish, BC. It is the adventure capital of Canada, where nature fuels everything. Surrounded by countless mountain peaks, massive glaciers, granite rock monoliths, cascading rivers, ocean and waterfalls and endless trails, you’ll find your perfect adventure here.
The Howe Sound’s mouth at the Strait of Georgia is situated between West Vancouver and the Sunshine Coast. The sound is triangular, opening to the southwest into the Strait of Georgia, and extends 42 km (26 mi) northeast to its head at Squamish. There are several islands in the sound, three of which are large and mountainous in their own right. The steep-sided mainland shores funnel the breezes as the daily thermals build the wind to 20 knots (37 km/h; 23 mph) or more at the northern end of the sound on a typical summer day.
We have put together a day of paddling on the Howe Sound that is full of learning, trying new things, embracing our bodies and who we are!
This day adventure in Squamish is set along the coast of the Howe Sound. We will start our morning off with our SUP lessons and learn about water safety before we set out on the water. Our tour will explore the sound, its history and culture, we will also have a very good chance at seeing some marine wildlife. Once our water exploration and lessons are finished we will be gathering as a group on the shore for our group wellness workshop, lunch and a deep stretch and yoga meditation class.
- The wellness workshop portion of our adventure is hosted by Monica Rosenke Wellness. Our workshop includes the following: “In a society that profits from self doubt, and body dissatisfaction, is it possible to discover body acceptance?
The answer to that question is a loud, passionate & resounding YES!!!!
- How? You may be asking yourself, “how do I go from constant batteling my body to peace and acceptance?”
- Our dynamic speaker and coach @monicarosenke.wellness will guide us through actionable steps to practice so we can end the oppression of women bodies.
- @monicarosenke.wellness is a body image activist, coach, and HAES personal trainer who focuses on body acceptance, food freedom and joyful movement!
- She believes health comes in all shapes, weights, sizes, ages, stages and abilities.
- Living healthy is diverse and she wants to change the narrative that the health/ wellness/ fitness industry tries to homogenize.
- She believes we must not shame our bodies, but love our bodies strong.
- No two people are alike, and that is a beautiful thing my friends!
- It’s about time we ditch the lies said about women bodies and reconnect us with our own authentic magic!
- Move towards freedom and the celebration of body diversity!”
If you are ready to take actionable steps towards loving your body strong, then this is a MUST day retreat full of fun, adventure, reflection and growth!
- August 15, 2020: 8 spots remain
- September 4, 2020: 10 spots remain
For anyone and everyone who is looking to explore, challenge themselves, renew passions and spend time in a place charged by nature. From a beginner fitness level to advance, will suit this group as we challenge ourselves, step outside our comfort zones, experience personal growth and try new things.
If you want to get your feet wet, reconnect with yourself and meet new people. This experience is truly unique, an unforgettable experience. This is a women’s only adventure.
WHY SHOULD YOU COME ON THIS ADVENTURE?
- This adventure is like no other… it has been designed by our experiences to be completely unique.
- We have redesigned our experiences to follow the health and safety guidelines set by our health authorities.
- We offer a very personalized experience from when you register through until the end of the adventure.
- This is women’s only, we truly allow ourselves to express and feel self connection.
- We are a like minded community that encourages like minded traveler’s.
- We have a Challenge by Choice Motto.
- We are there every step of the way providing knowledge and guidance leading up to the trip.
- We will be with you at your athletic level.
- We have amazing certified guides for all scheduled activities.
- This is literally our back yard, we’ve hand picked these activities for you!
Click on the day to reveal the adventures you will have during the trip.
Register for this adventure!
This incredible experience is CAD$215.00 which includes:
- An amazing and challenging experience in one of the best adventure locations in BC!!!
- Local amazing certified guides
- Run Like A Girl Adventure’s Inc. expertise, advice and guidance
- Women empowering women
- SUP lessons & full harbour tour
- SUP rental, including life jacket, paddle and safety equipment
- An interactive body empowerment workshop with Monica Rosenke Wellness
- A group stretch and yoga session
- A take away RLAG gift
Questions, want to join us but need more info? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Adventure Guides
Guide, RLAG Trip Guide, Badass Mom, Multi-Sport Athlete, Coach, Adventure Enthusiast
RLAG Trip Leader and Co-Host, Personal Trainer, Motivational Speaker, Life Coach, Amazing Momma, Adventure Enthusiast
Co-Founder, Owner, Ultra Runner, Ultra Mom, Leader, RLAG Trip Leader, Designer & Host, Multi-Sport Athlete, Adventure Enthusiast
SHARE THIS TRIP
- Run Like A Girl Adventures Inc. has partnered with Monica Rosenke Wellness, Coastal Stoke & Norm Hann Expeditions, in leading this adventure.