Hiking the Salkantay Trail to machu picchu
Join RLAG Adventures on our newest trip! A 14 day life changing adventure in Peru.
From the high mountains camping under starts to visiting ancient cities and exploring one of the 7 wonders of the world, Machu Picchu!
Join us for a 14 day adventure in Peru… The experience we have created is one that we feel will highlights Peru’s adversity while challenging ones self on a 6 day hike. We will be taking in the sites of ancient Peruvian cities, learning about the ancient cultures of the Inca’s followed by hiking on the world famous Salkantay Trail, which meets the Inca Trail, as our way of entering Machu Picchu through the magnificent Sun Gate.
This trip has been designed for the more adventurous hearts. We are trekking and camping for 6 nights and climbing very high mountain passes to reach Machu Picchu.
We are learning and experiencing this incredibly unique country with exciting and more advanced challenges. This is one of the world’s best-known hikes and will reward those willing to endure. The trail offers a stunning combination of mountain scapes, cloud forests, and jungles.
It’s time to take that leap and join us on an epic adventure!
Our trip starts and finishes in the ancient city of Cusco. We will explore the sacred valley, Ollantaytambo and learn all about the culture and ancient civilizations. We will then begin the 6 day trek along the world famous, Salkantay Trail to then connect with the Inca trail to Machu Picchu.
We are hiking the breath taking, famous, Salkantay trail for two days before connecting with the Inca Trail. We will be visiting the city of ancient city of Cusco, exploring the town of Ollantaytambo, Village of Maras including the Salt Mines and The Sacred Valley. Experiencing one of the 7 wonders of the world with an awesome group of like minded people and your Run Like a Girl Adventure’s Inc. ladies! We don’t leave anything out with this adventure in Peru!
WHY SHOULD YOU COME ON THIS ADVENTURE?
- Our trip is 100% completely unique and designed from our experience
- This experience is only available through Run Like a Girl Adventures Inc.
- Our mission is to create opportunities through adventure to challenge people and help them achieve personal growth.
- We believe that travel is a personal experience that impacts ourselves as well as those who live in the places we travel to.
- We incorporate volunteering and donations to local organizations that make big differences in the places we visit.
- We offer a very personalized experience from when you register through until the end of the trip.
- We guarantee the best local Peruvian Guides!
- We are a like minded community which encourages like minded traveler’s.
- We have a Challenge by Choice Motto.
- We are there every step of the way providing knowledge and guidance leading up to the trip.
- RLAG host(s) will be with you the entire trip.
- We host small groups and value empowerment, celebration and support within our adventures.
- We will be with you at your athletic level.
- We welcome, support and celebrate everyone and all pronouns!
- It will change your life!
- September 25 – October 7, 2021 (optional add on) Rainbow Mountain Tour, October 8: 14 spots remaining
- This trip runs on a minimum of 10 participants
For adventurous (girls and guys!) who are looking to get away from the craziness of everyday life! Challenge yourself to try new things in one of the most beautiful places we have ever been. Step outside your comfort zone, experience personal growth and a new culture. The hikes that we are offering do require you to have a hiking fitness base. We are reaching high altitudes therefore an endurance base is highly recommended.
If you want to have a truly unique and unforgettable experience in Peru and hike one of the world’s best-known hikes and will reward those willing to break a sweat with a stunning combination of mountains capes, cloud forests, and jungles. private, eco mountain lodge that you won’t experience in any other way. If you want to travel with a purpose, to give a true gift to yourself and spend a week exploring a world lost in time.
The Sakantay Trek is designed for those who have hiking and backpacking experience. We are ascending mountain passes that reach 5000m, physical endurance is a requirement for this trip.
Click on each day to reveal the adventures you will have during the retreat.
Register for this Adventure!
This incredible experience is USD$3695.00 which includes:
- All transportation in Peru
- Accommodations at hotels in Cusco during the trip
- All fresh cooked meals during the trek (6 days/5 nights)
- Amazing local Peruvian Guides
- Inca Trail entrance fee and permits
- Cook & Assistant Cook
- Full porter staff
- Meals included: 13 breakfasts, 10 lunches, 7 dinners
- Chocolate Museum Cooking Class
- Expedition Train from Machu Picchu to Poroy Train Station
- All of the scheduled activities
- All common camping gear: 3 men mountain tent for 2 people, inflatable sleeping mattress, kitchen dishes, kitchen tent, dining tent, toilet tent, table and chairs
- All entrance fees into ancient ruins, including Machu Picchu
- Run Like A Girl Adventure’s Inc. expertise, advice and guidance
- Guided Tours of Pisaq, Ollantaytambo, Awanacancha, The Agricultural Terraces of Moray and the Salt Mines.
- A guided tour of Sacsayhuaman, Kenko, PukaPukara and Tambomachay.
Please note: you must have a valid passport at the time of registration to attend this trip. It is required to book your Inca Trail Permit.
Questions, want to join us but need more info? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click to expand.
SHARE THIS TRIP
- Run Like A Girl Adventure’s Inc. has partnered with Adventure Heart Peru to create this incredible experience.