Trail Running with Run Like a Girl and Jen Segger
7 days of trail running, strength training, mobility, coaching, yoga and adventure… in Costa Rica!
World famous Canadian trail runner and adventure athlete, Jen Segger is pairing with us to bring you one incredible week of adventure! We combine trail running in the mountains, along waterfall trails with strength and mobility classes as well as yoga and relaxation and adventure activities to create the perfect retreat where there is something for every trail runner.
It takes place at our off the grid Eco Lodge in the mountains where you will connect deeper with yourself, the people around you and nature. Relax, unwind and disconnect as you practice yoga, relax in hammocks and listen to the sounds of nature. Excite, challenge and push yourself as we trail run to secluded waterfalls and mountain tops, climb trees and repel rocks and waterfalls.
It’s time to take that leap and join us on an epic adventure!
This retreat is open exclusively to those with previous trail running experience, no beginners please. Men and women are both welcome! We will learn tips and tricks to better our trail running. Learn about nutrition, race day fueling and recovery and practice some strength and mobility techniques. We will also include restorative yoga so we can have time to relax!
We spend 5 days at our private Eco-lodge nestled between 2 national parks in the mountains of Costa Rica, Chirripo National Park and La Amistad International Park, which is shared with Panama. You will be sleeping in a treehouse of three walls with the fourth wall open to the jungle with more stars than you can even count above. Every day you will nourish your body with home cooked, local and healthy food, drink pure natural spring water, enjoy hot showers by candle light and flush toilets with a view.
Two days follow in the beautiful, relaxed beach town of Dominical in a beach front hotel.
Mountain – Trail running to waterfalls & mountain tops, climbing trees, rappelling waterfalls & rocks, rock climbing, sunrise flow yoga & restorative candle light yoga mediation, natural spa activities, hammock relaxing time, connection with yourself, others and nature and plenty of time for relaxation.We will even experience an overnight in a mountain hut and experience sun rise from one of the tallest mountains in Costa Rica
Beach – Additional runs, surfing, visiting Uvita national park, slack lining, stand up paddling & beach time!
For avid trail runners with a previous running and fitness base who are looking to take their passion for running to another country and run trails they never have before. For those who want to spend a week in paradise with Jen Seggerand the Run Like a Girl team. For trail runners who are looking to get away from the craziness of everyday life, relax deeply, recharge fully and challenge yourself to try new things in one of the most beautiful places we have ever been. For runners wanting to take a week to learn how to run and race stronger, recover better and experience some new things.
Challenge yourself, step outside your comfort zone, experience personal growth and try new things. If you want to disconnect from the outside world, get your feet dirty and reconnect with nature. If you want to connect with yourself and others on a deeper level. If you want to experience a truly unique and unforgettable experience at a private, eco mountain lodge that you won’t experience in any other way. If you want to travel with a purpose, to give a true gift to yourself, to give time back to a impoverished community, and spend a week having very little impact on mother earth.
Men and women are both welcome!!
Register for this retreat!
This incredible experience is $2465.00 USD which includes:
- All transportation in Costa Rica
- Staying at a private, Eco lodge nestle between two national parks
- All Food at Chakra, 3 daily home cooked meals and snacks
- All Accommodations
- All of the scheduled activities
- All gear use
- Local guides
- Jen Segger expertise and advice
- Run Like A Girl expertise and advice
- Daily yoga classes with a certified yoga instructor
- Yoga mat use
- Lessons on all activities
- A community service project
- Guided coffee tour
- Most meals during beach portion
- National Park entrance fee
- All workshops and technique training
- Airport shuttle upon departure
Questions, want to join us but need more info? Email: Courtney@runlikeagirl.ca
Click on each day to reveal the adventures you will have during the retreat.
- Please be ready in the lobby of the Aloft hotel for a 6am pick up. From there we will travel onward to San Jeronimo.
- Please wear active wear and your trail shoes as we are running the 5km to the lodge.
- Please bring a day pack because all of your luggage will be traveling in a separate car to Chakra Lodge since we make a stop in San Jeronimo for our coffee tour early afternoon.
- When we arrive in San Jeronimo, we will connect with the local community and start our coffee tour. If you are a coffee lover, you will grow a serious appreciation for your cup of joe!
- We will have a small, home cooked snack before starting our run.
- The 5km run is on a rural dirt road with 400m/1300ft elevation gain. It is a steep and challenging run, so power hiking is okay! (Don’t worry, all your luggage will have been already delivered to the lodge, you just need to carry in your day pack!)
- When we arrive at Chakra Lodge we will meet our local guide and continue our run onto a unique view point of the lodge where we will learn about where we are.
- We will then return to the lodge and settling you into your rooms.
- Our first yoga class will take place at 5:30-6:30: Restorative yoga and mediation
- Dinner will follow
- After dinner will we have time to relax and talk about the activities for the next day.
Is this Retreat for you?
- You must be an experienced trail runner (If you are a beginner and want to experience the magic of our retreats, Please see our Adventure and Wellness Retreats)
- You must be able to hold yourself on the trails. Our final long run is a true mountain run where we will go above 3000m and may be on our feet for 8 hours.
- You want to come trail run in Costa Rica with Jen Segger and the Run Like a Girl team.
- You want to push and challenge yourself and run on technical, incredibly beautiful trails in a different country.
- You want to step off the grid and away from the craziness of life and spend a week at an eco-lodge in the mountain.
- You are okay with getting muddy, dirty and sweaty.
- You want to learn how to become a better runner and learn from a true professional on how to do it.
Canadian adventure athlete Jen Segger has been running and racing for over 10 years. Her experience outside is second to none through many miles of adventure racing and training… this lady knows what she is talking about! She has been guiding outside for 5 years and has a huge wealth of knowledge to share about running, recovery, training and trail techniques! Come away a better, smarter runner in just one week with Jen!
Members from the Run Like a Girl team will also be there. All of our staff are hand picked, experienced and personable. They always go that extra mile to make you have an incredible time!
- We have two local cooks for all your meals and Chakra
- The camp will be fully set up and took down by our staff (you just get to relax and have fun)
- We have two local Costa Rica guides
- Jen Segger and part of the Run Like a Girl will be there
- We have a certified yoga instructor
- We provide yoga mats and essentials
- Mosquito nets and sleeping mats are provided, please bring your own sleeping bag
- Platforms have roofs and three walls
- We have a gas stove
- Local, handmade essential oils will be used during yoga and available to purchase
- No service or wifi
- No electricity
- Hot showers, flush toilets, and sinks with water
- All of us are first-aid and CRP-C trained, Eduardo has first-responder wilderness first-aid training
SHARE THIS TRIP